Tuesday, March 3, 2009

How to make breadcrumbs

How to make breadcrumbs

Why on earth would I want to make my own breadcrumbs I hear you ask. Good question. There are several reasons.

You know exactly what is in them

It’s cheap

It’s a good way of using up stale bread

They taste better than store bought

I think that’s enough reasons. I much prefer to make my own for all the above reasons, but most importantly, whenever I use my own, I feel like I have achieved something and they do taste better than the mass produced store bought ones. Here’s how to do it.


  • You will need:

  • Equipment:


A blender of food processor


  • Ingredients:

  • Stale bread


Almost any bread will do and you can mix up different kinds of bread. If the bread is not properly dried out or quite stae enough, just toast it or broil it for a few minutes until it’s nice and dry. 1.First, take all your bread leftovers and tear them into small pieces. 2.Next, turn on your food processor or blender and add the pieces. Unless you have a really powerful blender, you will need to add them slowly rather than throw them all in at the same time. Remember to cover the blender top if you’re using a blender. I have spread breadcrumbs all over the kitchen on more than one occasion. 3.Blend the bread until it’s finely ground up. The finished article should look something like this.

0 comments:

KitchenAdda   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP