Thursday, April 9, 2009

Quick Hunger Solutions Healthy Swaps

Quick Hunger Solutions Healthy Swaps


Feeling Hungry in between meals ? yes that what it happens all the time with me, Nibbling is one thing , No one can resist. No matter what weight side you are at . Here is some healthy Nibbling I adopt in My recipe section , do suggest me more if any of you have one, lets discuss who have swept the Nibbling with what,It Gluten Free, Sugar Free , and yes FAT FREE TOO.
HAPPY NIBBLING


1.Frozen Grapes


"Frozen red grapes. I buy several pounds at a time, rinse them off and freeze them. I eat handfuls all the time. They are sweet, juicy and even satisfy the urge to chew on something. I love them."


2.Homemade Trail Mix


"During sports season I usually make a huge bag of trail mix and we tote that around. I like to mix Cheerios, Chex cereal, small pretzels, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and butterscotch or white chocolate chips."





3.Roast Vegetables

"I always roast big pans full of vegetables and have them in the refrigerator so if I'm really hungry, I can put some in the microwave and have a more substantial snack. I like vegetables far more than I like fruit."


4.Crunchy Chickpeas "Lately, my favorite snack has been roasted chickpeas/garbanzo beans. They kind of remind me of corn nuts, but not so crown-shatteringly hard. I'm more of a 'crunchy' kind of snack person, so they're really great in that department, plus they're healthy and cheap! I take two cups of soaked White Chickpeas(overnight soaking is recommended or lest 10 hrs.), drain them, toss them with two tablespoons of olive oil, then spread them on a cookie sheet. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then shake whatever kind of seasoning you like over the beans. I like chat powder, salt and pepper, with a sprinkle of cayenne. Bake till they are hard and crunchy (about 45 minutes to one hour), shaking the pan about every 20 minutes so they cook evenly."





5.Homemade Popcorn


"I think my favorite all-time quick and easy snack is popcorn. We usually pop it ourselves and then sprinkle with things like Old Bay seasoning, Parmesan cheese, taco seasoning, chili seasoning, pizza seasoning, etc. Then there is always good ol' 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' spray!

0 comments:

KitchenAdda   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP